A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
Sustainability is rooted in our culture, and protecting the environment is an important aspect of our efforts. As a manufacturer of renewable, corn-based products, we believe in responsible resource management, starting with product innovation and moving all the way through to operational efficiency.
Beyond the basics
Our holistic approach to sustainability focuses on three pillars:
To be effective, we function in a sustainable manner relative to our communities, our customers, employees, environment and resources, because depleting any of these highly valued assets would endanger the others.
ENVIRONMENTAL MISSION STATEMENT
GPC is dedicated to environmental operations that foster a sustainable future and lead to improvements in the communities where we do business. GPC will continually maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal environmental regulations and will strive to reduce our impact on the environment.
Reduce, renew, reuse
We work to minimize our impact on Earth’s resources. We embrace responsible stewardship and conservation of resources through technologies and processes for reducing, recycling, recovering or reusing resources. Here’s a look at some of our continuous improvement efforts to preserve our most precious natural resources – air, land, and water.
- Emissions reduced by 93% at our Muscatine grain processing plant.
- Facilities run entirely on natural gas.
- Entire corn kernel is used to make our high-quality products, thereby reducing waste.
- Corn sourced from local Midwestern farms.
- Since 2015, reduced amount of solid waste going to landfill by 90%.
- Additional wastes diverted from burial by improving plant recycling.
- Energy use reduced by more than 10-million kilowatt hours over a one-year period.
- Ongoing manufacturing/production facility improvements to reduce emissions and energy/water use.
Proud Sedex Member
Sedex is one of the world’s leading ethical trade service providers, working to improve working conditions in global supply chains. As a Sedex member we are committed to being a responsible business, sourcing responsibly, and improving ethical standards and working conditions within the supply chain.
EXPLORE CORN PRODUCTION + THE ENVIRONMENT
Significant improvements in sustainability and productivity have already taken place in corn production. Farmers are now producing more corn, using less land and fewer inputs.
Source: NCGA.com March 2021